Quantum Nanophysics & Molecular Quantum Optics
- We explore quantum phenomena with biomolecules & nanoparticles in a complexity range that has not been accessible, hitherto.
- We develop new methods to prepare, cool & detect beams of neutral biomolecules.
- We explore new matter-wave beam splitters for complex nanoscale matter.
- We combine them into unique matter-wave interferometers.
- We use quantum-interference technologies for molecule metrology, where miniscule matter-wave fringe shifts measure electrical/optical/magnetic/structural properties of molecules.
- We advance cavity cooling of dielectric nanoparticles for future tests on the linearity of quantum mechanics and as a new handle to rotational optomechanics..