Quantum Nanophysics & Molecular Quantum Optics
- We are exploring new ways to harness quantum phenomena with biomolecules, clusters & nanoparticles in a complexity range that has not been accessible, hitherto.
- We are developping methods to prepare, cool & detect molecular beams of neutral biomolecules & nanomaterials.
- We are exploring nanomechanical & optical matter-wave beam splitters for objects in this entire complexity range and we have combined them into a set of unique matter-wave interferometers.
- Our new quantum-interference technologies are promising for interference-assisted molecule metrology, where we use miniscule matter-wave fringe shifts as a measure for electrical/optical/magnetic/structural properties of molecules in external fields.
- We are advancing cavity cooling of dielectric nanoparticles, aiming at novel tests of the linearity of quantum mechanics in an unprecedented mass range.